LPN / RN Full Time & Part Time
Provide hands-on supervision of caregiver staff during their shift, ensure provision of quality resident care, and uphold residence philosophy and resident well-being. Provide direct assistance with activities of daily living and support to residents.
- Supervises the caregiver, stna/cna/na staff on duty in providing quality care and meeting the needs of residents in accordance with community philosophy and policies.
- Adheres to each resident’s individual service plan and notify the clinical director and of any changes in resident condition.
- Coordinates resident care in conjunction with clinical director, executive director and other disciplines within the community to ensure quality care.
- Maintains a high level of clinical competency, including on-going awareness of clinical best practices to align to regulatory requirements and organizations strategic plans.
- Accountable for nursing compliance, excellence, and delivery of resident care in adherence with organization, local, state and federal regulations.
- Completes admission documentation in a timely manner. Information is accurate, complete and completed on shift of admission.
- Orders medications and oversee the resident’s medication schedule for residents receiving medication administration services.
- Ensures proper documentation for medication assistance/administration
- Assists the clinical director to develop and maintain an up-to-date individual service plan for each resident.
- Maintains ongoing communication with the resident, resident’s family and physician regarding the resident’s medical needs.
- Establishes and maintains good relationships with residents and their families.
- Ensures that all systems for providing and tracking resident care are completed in accordance with the community policies and procedures.
- Assists in developing and maintaining a schedule for the caregiver staff that sufficiently meets the needs of residents and ensures proper staffing.
- Ensures required paperwork for providing resident care is completed and up-to-date.
- Reviews daily any and all communication tools used in providing resident care.
- Communicates residents’ needs with caregiver staff at change of shift and as needed.
- Leads by example, encourage teamwork, promote the community philosophy, and provide ongoing coaching to employees.
- Assists in the training of all resident care employees in accordance to community policies, training programs, and state and federal regulations.
- Attends all regular staff meetings and required training sessions.
- Addresses any concerns or grievances shared by residents and families.
- Responds to on-the-job injuries in accordance with community policies and procedures.
- Effectively communicates information pertaining to the residents on a “need to know” basis to other team members according to the residence policies and procedures.
- Notifies supervisor or the clinical director if you observe a change in a resident’s condition.
- Accountable for compliance, excellence and delivery of resident care in adherence with organization, local, state and federal regulations.
- Maintains a positive and professional manner toward residents, visitors, families and co-workers.
- Adheres to all policies and procedures of The Ganzhorn Suites.
- Must have and maintain a current Licensed Practical Nurse's or Registered Nurse’s License
- Also, needs to be CPR Certified.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Minimum of six (6) months experience working with seniors in assisted living, home health, independent living, hospital or long term care environment and desire to serve and care for seniors with memory loss
- Ability to make choices, decisions and act in the resident’s best interest
- Ability to react and remain calm in difficult situations
- Ability to handle multiple priorities
- Possess written and verbal skills for effective communication and level of understanding