ADON Clinical Coordinator
The Clinical Coordinator is responsible for managing, directing and supervising the clinical team, in one of our dementia neighborhoods, ensuring our residents receive appropriate care and are enabled to attain their optimum level of functioning. This position will directly assist the Clinical Director in overseeing and promoting the residents’ health and wellness through regular visits with each resident, resident assessment, and ongoing communication with the resident, family member and care team. To ensure staff have the equipment and knowledge to perform their duties within their scope of practice and that they always know what is expected of them. To ensure the community remains in compliance with organization, local, state and federal regulations.
Resident Health and Wellness
• Coordinates resident care in conjunction with the clinical director and other disciplines within the community to ensure quality care.
• Maintains a high level of clinical competency, including on-going awareness of clinical best practices to align regulatory requirements and organizations strategic plans.
• Oversee and exercises effective decision making to maximize best clinical outcomes for residents.
• Engages and partners with others to develop service plans and provide continuity of care to facilitate best outcomes for residents and clients.
• Maintain ongoing communication with the resident, resident’s family and physician regarding the resident’s medical needs.
• Assist in developing and maintaining a schedule for the caregiver staff that sufficiently meets the needs of residents and ensures proper staffing.
• Ensure required paperwork for providing resident care is completed and up to date.
• Conduct daily resident rounds and report problems to the clinical director.
• Listens and responds to resident concerns, complaints, suggestions, questions and comments.
• Assures that the residents’ personal and private property rights are followed by staff at all times.
• Interacts with residents to ensure that quality care and positive resident/staff relations are taking place.
• Maintains open and trust-building relationships with resident family members, responding professionally and promptly to any requests or concerns.
• Assist in coordinating resident transfer to and from a hospital or another facility.
• Assist in coordinating residents’ dietary needs with the Nutrition Coordinator.
Training and Regulatory Compliance
• Oversees and audits the completion of documentation and reporting related to regulatory and organizational requirements in a timely and accurate manner.
• Consistently and effectively manages reporting to ODH and other regulatory entities involving reporting instances in the clinical department in collaboration with the executive director.
• Participates in State Survey readiness in coordination with other clinical practices and the clinical director.
• Assures that the policies and procedures around confidentiality/rights of all residents and their care information are maintained.
• Communicates all matters related to potential liability and exposure to the clinical director.
Employee Performance & Development
• Fosters a positive work environment that attracts, retains and motivates top quality people throughout the organization.
• Defines and promotes employee expectations so all staff understand and demonstrate expectations and excellence
• Recruits and develops employees who meet the organizational and functional competencies for the position.
• Coaches and counsels direct reports regarding the performance expectations of their position.
• Has a high level of understanding and practical application of the Human Resources policies.
• Displays ability to bring others together for a common purpose and objective in a positive manner to achieve desired results.
• Attends all regular staff meetings and required training sessions.
• Be on call for medical questions and resident emergencies as scheduled.
• Attends various community events.
• Participates in the Manager On Duty program.
• Effectively communicates information pertaining to the residents on a “need to know” basis to other team members according to the residence policies and procedures.
• Accountable for compliance, excellence and delivery of resident care in adherence with organization, local, state and federal regulations.
• Maintains a positive and professional manner toward residents, visitors, families and co-workers.
• Adheres to all policies and procedures of The Ganzhorn Suites.
• Maintains a current state license as a Registered Nurse (RN) per state regulations.
• Two years supervisory and nurse management experience including hiring staff, coaching, performance management daily operations supervision, discipline and counseling in a nursing environment.
• Demonstrated knowledge of nursing practices, techniques and methods as applied to skilled nursing/assisted living and memory care.
• Demonstrated knowledge of federal, state and local long term care regulations.
• To be successful you will need to have the ability to handle multiple priorities, possess written and verbal skills for effective communication, be competent in organizational, time management skills and demonstrate good judgment, problem solving and decision making skills.
• Proficiency in computer skills, Microsoft Office (Windows, Outlook, Excel) with the ability to learn new applications.